At WVU Potomac State College, we want the best students – so we look at more than tests and GPAs. We value your hard work and determination too. We have expanded our scholarship tiers to offer even more students the opportunity to earn a WVU degree.
No separate application is necessary for our scholarships. Once you are admitted, you will be reviewed for scholarship eligibility.
Deadline for scholarship eligibility: June 15, 2021 for admission and July 15, 2021 for submission of updated GPA and test scores.
Value of scholarship at WVU will be determined by current value of scholarship
at WVU if a student changes campuses.
- PSC uses “Super Scores” for scholarship awarding, so students should submit all
scores from each section of the ACT or SAT if the test(s) is taken more than
once. The “Super Score” will be calculated using the highest component/sub-score
from all test information available to PSC.
- The old version of the SAT totals are based on the Critical Reading score plus
Math score. The new version of the SAT totals are based on the Evidence-based
Reading and Writing Score plus Math score.
- If a student is eligible for more than one scholarship from Potomac State College,
the student will be awarded the scholarship with the highest dollar value. To
retain scholarships for subsequent years, all scholars are required to maintain
specific cumulative grade-point averages and to complete a minimum number of
credits per year.
- Scholarship amounts may be affected if students are receiving need-based aid from state or Federal programs
- View scholarship renewal information