Now that you’ve received official notification of your acceptance, it’s time to get
down to business. Just follow the steps below:
Accept Our Offer of Admission
Take the first step and confirm your acceptance to Potomac State College.
Confirm Admission Offer
Log Into WVU Portal
- Now that you're admitted, it's time to get connected. It's easy.
- Go to login.wvu.edu and click on Claim Account.
- Enter your name, date of birth and the WVU ID provided on your enclosed WVU Potomac State College acceptance letter.
- You will then receive the information needed to access the WVU Portal.
- All students are required to use Duo two-fact authentication, which is an extra layer of security. You will be prompted to set up Duo when you try to access a secure WVU system.
Submit Additional Documents
If you were admitted based on unofficial transcripts or transcripts that did not show your final grades and graduation, you will need to provide final official documents to the Office of Enrollment Services.
Pay your I-901 SEVIS Fee and Apply for Student Visa
Find out more at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/studentsLearn More About How to Study in the States
Take a virtual tour of campus
If you are able to do so, come visit our campus. If you are unable to visit campus, all is not lost, take a virtual tour!
Visit Potomac State College Campus
Pay the Housing Deposit and Submit the Housing Application
- Log in at myhousing.wvu.edu to begin the housing application.
- Submit the housing deposit. Select your residence hall and your room.
- Complete all required steps of the housing application.
- Check your MIX email address frequently for important information from Housing and Residence Life.
Choose a Dining Plan
- Log in at mymountaineercard.wvu.edu.
- Residence hall students should wait at least 48 hours after selecting a room to log in.
- In the menu at left, click on Add Dining Plan.
- Select the desired plan.
Register for Classes
Contact our Academic Services Coordinator to register for your classes. You may need to complete placement testing in English and math when you arrive on campus.
You have options to pay your bill.
Charges are available in STAR (via your WVU Portal) for students enrolled in classes. Parents with proxy access to billing information will be able to view charges via the WVU Parent and Guest Portal. eBills are sent to the MIX emails of students with a balance due. The first eBill to include fall charges will be sent in early July.
How do I pay online?
- eCheck: Just like a paper check, you type in the routing and account numbers for your checking account.
- Credit card: WVU accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. A 2.25% processing fee is assessed.
What other ways can I pay?
- Personal checks, money orders or certiﬁed bank checks, paid to the order of WVU or WVU Potomac State College: Attn. Ofﬁce of Student Accounts, 101 Fort Ave., Keyser WV 26726 (also accepted in person at the PSC Administration Building).
- CASHNet: A monthly payment plan that spreads tuition payment over several months with only a small fee at enrollment: studentaccounts.wvu.edu/payment/tuition-payment-plan
- Wire transfer: Go to ﬂywire.com/pay/wvu
- 529 savings plan: Contact your plan manager.
- Third-party payments: If you have a sponsor paying contact email@example.com
Move In – You're Home
The first day of classes for the Fall 2021 semester is Wednesday, August 18. Additional info will be sent to your MIX email address, so please check it regularly.