Now that you’ve received official notification of your acceptance, it’s time to get
down to business. Just follow the steps below:
Accept Our Offer of Admission
Take the first step and confirm your acceptance to Potomac State College.
Confirm Admission Offer
Log Into WVU Portal
All WVU students, faculty and staff get a unique set of credentials to access systems like Portal, MIX email, eCampus and STAR. Go to login.wvu.edu to claim your account, receive your username and create your password. This is also where you’ll go to change your password or manage your account in the future.
• Claim your account
• Change your password \
Log into the WVU Portal
Submit Additional Documents
If you were admitted based on unofficial transcripts or transcripts that did not show your final grades and graduation, you will need to provide final official documents to the Office of Enrollment Services.
Pay your I-901 SEVIS Fee and Apply for Student Visa
Find out more at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/studentsLearn More About How to Study in the States
Take a virtual tour of campus
If you are able to do so, come visit our campus. If you are unable to visit campus, all is not lost, take a virtual tour!
Visit Potomac State College Campus
Pay the Housing Deposit and Submit the Housing Application
- Log in at myhousing.wvu.edu to begin the housing application.
- Submit the housing deposit. Select your residence hall and your room.
- Complete all required steps of the housing application.
- Check your MIX email address frequently for important information from Housing and Residence Life.
Choose a Dining Plan
- Log in at mymountaineercard.wvu.edu.
- Residence hall students should wait at least 48 hours after selecting a room to log in.
- In the menu at left, click on Add Dining Plan.
- Select the desired plan.
Register for Classes
Contact our Academic Services Coordinator to register for your classes. You may need to complete placement testing in English and math when you arrive on campus.
Pay Your Bill
All invoicing is electronic. Fall 2020 bills will be available in the WVU Portal in early July. Log in at portal.wvu.edu and make the following selections:
- STAR Student Services & Housing Student Accounts Electronic Bill by Term/Make Payment.
- Then select term and pay your bill.
- Video instructions are available at studentaccounts.wvu.edu/billing/tutorials.
Move In – You're Home
The first day of classes for the Fall 2020 semester is Wednesday, August 19. Additional info will be sent to your MIX email address, so please check it regularly. Student Services Day events will be held prior to the start of classes. At these events you may obtain your student ID, talk to an academic advisor, change your course registration, and get student account questions answered.