At WVU Potomac State College, we want the best students – so we look at more than tests and GPAs. We value your hard work and determination too. We have expanded our scholarship tiers to offer even more students the opportunity to earn a WVU degree.
No separate application is necessary for our scholarships. Once you are admitted, you will be reviewed for scholarship eligibility.
We are pleased to offer incoming freshmen, transfer, and international students.
Deadline for scholarship eligibility for 2022-2023 is June 1, 2022.
WVU Potomac State College strives to provide its students with an inclusive educational experience. We are pleased to offer incoming, freshmen and transfer international students — the opportunity to receive academic scholarships.
Automatic Consideration Based on Admission
- Scholarship of Distinction (first-time freshmen / awarded based on SAT/ACT scores)
- Go First Scholarship (first-time freshmen / submission of SAT/ACT scores not required)
- Transfer Scholarships: International students who are admitted as incoming transfer students will be considered for Transfer Scholarships.
For consideration, students must be admitted to certain campuses by the deadlines listed for each scholarship. Please review all information carefully.
If you receive a full sponsorship from a government or corporation, the scholarship will not disburse to you. Instead, we will bill your sponsor a discounted tuition amount. Students receiving reduced rates through established international articulation agreements are not eligible for scholarship consideration.
- Scholarships offers are made on an ongoing basis beginning approximately by December for the upcoming academic year.
- Scholarship amounts may be affected if students are receiving additional financial aid or assistance. See our Scholarship FAQs page for information on receiving multiple scholarships and/or aid.
- See our Scholarship FAQs for information on applying for scholarships, scholarship offers, summer, and more. See our Renewal Requirements page for information that institutional scholarship/grant recipients need to know about maintaining their scholarship for future academic years as well as deferral and leave of absence information.