Now that you’ve received official notification of your acceptance, it’s time to get down to business. Just follow the steps below:
Accept Our Offer of Admission
Take the first step and confirm your acceptance to Potomac State College.
Confirm Admission Offer
Log Into WVU Portal
All WVU students, faculty and staff get a unique set of credentials to access systems like Portal, MIX email, eCampus and STAR. Go to login.wvu.edu to claim your account, receive your username and create your password. This is also where you’ll go to change your password or manage your account in the future.
- Claim your account
- Change your password
Find and Apply for Scholarships
Students who have completed the admissions process by the July 1 for Fall 2020 scholarship deadline receive priority consideration for Potomac State College scholarships.
File the FAFSA
The FAFSA is available October 1. Submit your FAFSA before March 1 for priority consideration for all aid programs. Use the WVU FAFSA school code: 003827.
File the FAFSA
Pay the Housing Deposit and Submit the Housing Application
- Log in at myhousing.wvu.edu to begin the housing application.
- Submit the housing deposit. Select your residence hall and your room.
- Complete all required steps of the housing application.
- Check your MIX email address frequently for important information from Housing and Residence Life.
Register for and Attend New Student Orientation
Orientation sessions begin in April and end in early August. Register for a date as soon as possible.
Register for New Student Orientation
Pay Your Bill
All invoicing is electronic. Fall 2020 bills will be available in the WVU Portal in early July. Log in at portal.wvu.edu and make the following selections:
- STAR Student Services & Housing Student Accounts Electronic Bill by Term/Make Payment.
- Then select term and pay your bill.
- Video instructions are available at studentaccounts.wvu.edu/billing/tutorials.
Move In – You're Home
The first day of classes for the Fall 2020 semester is Wednesday, August 19. Additional info will be sent to your MIX email address, so please check it regularly.