Now that you’ve received official notification of your acceptance, it’s time to get
down to business. Just follow the steps below:
Accept Our Offer of Admission
Take the first step and confirm your acceptance to Potomac State College.
Confirm Admission Offer
Log Into WVU Portal
- Go to login.wvu.edu and click on Claim Account.
- Enter your name, date of birth and the WVU ID provided on your WVU Potomac State College acceptance letter.
- You will then receive the information needed to access the WVU Portal.
If you haven’t already been here, it’s a great idea for you and your family to visit. If you want to meet a specific department representative or attend a class, just ask when you make your reservation. You’ll also be visiting campus for a New Student Orientation event starting in April.
Visit Potomac State College Campus
Find and Apply for Scholarships
Students who have completed the admissions process by the February 15 scholarship deadline receive priority consideration for Potomac State College scholarships.
File the FAFSA
The FAFSA is available October 1. Submit your FAFSA before March 1 for priority consideration for all aid programs. Use the WVU FAFSA school code: 003827.
File the FAFSA
Pay the Housing Deposit and Submit the Housing Application
- Log in at myhousing.wvu.edu to begin the housing application.
- Submit the housing deposit. Select your residence hall and your room.
- Complete all required steps of the housing application.
- Check your MIX email address frequently for important information from Housing and Residence Life.
Choose a Dining Plan
- Log in at mymountaineercard.wvu.edu.
- Residence hall students should wait at least 48 hours after selecting a room to log in.
- In the menu at left, click on Add Dining Plan.
- Select the desired plan.
Register for and Attend New Student Orientation
Orientation sessions begin in April and end in early August. Register for a date as soon as possible.
Register for New Student Orientation
Pay Your Bill
All invoicing is electronic. Fall 2018 bills will be available in the WVU Portal in early July. Log in at portal.wvu.edu and make the following selections:
- STAR Student Services & Housing Student Accounts Electronic Bill by Term/Make Payment.
- Then select term and pay your bill.
- Video instructions are available at studentaccounts.wvu.edu/billing/tutorials.
Move In – You're Home
The first day of classes for the fall 2018 semester is Wednesday, August 15. Additional info will be sent to your MIX email address, so please check it regularly.