At WVU Potomac State College, we want the best students – so we look at more than tests and GPAs. We value your hard work and determination too. We have expanded our scholarship tiers to offer even more students the opportunity to earn a WVU degree.
No separate application is necessary for our scholarships. Once you are admitted, you will be reviewed for scholarship eligibility.
Deadline for scholarship eligibility: June 1, 2022 for admission and for submission of updated GPA and test scores.
Metro Counties include:
Allegany and Garrett counties, MD; Frederick County, VA, (including city of Winchester, VA); Bedford, Fayette, and Somerset counties, PA.
Potomac State College scholarships for Metro Students are fully integrated with the scholarship program at West Virginia University. If a student decides to change campuses from Potomac State to WVU and meets the academic standards for these scholarships, the student will be eligible to continue to receive these scholarships at WVU at the current WVU value. Students in PSC four-year programs are eligible for the scholarships for up to four years.
- Value of scholarship at WVU will be determined by current value of scholarship
- PSC uses “Super Scores” for scholarship awarding, so students should submit all
scores from each section of the ACT or SAT if the test(s) is taken more than
once. The “Super Score” will be calculated using the highest component/subscore
from all test information available to PSC.
- The old version of the SAT totals are based on the Critical Reading score plus
Math score. The new version of the SAT totals are based on the Evidence-based
Reading and Writing Score plus Math score.
- If a student is eligible for more than one scholarship from Potomac State College,
the student will be awarded the scholarship with the highest dollar value. To
retain scholarships for subsequent years, all scholars are required to maintain
specific cumulative grade-point averages and to complete a minimum number of
credits per year.
- Scholarship amounts may be affected if students are receiving need-based aid from state or federal programs
- View scholarship renewal information