Explore What We Have.
Dig into all that WVU Potomac State College has to offer when you come back.
Get Back to Your Studies.
- Find your passion. With over 60+ 2- and 4-year majors offered at WVU Potomac State College, there is something to help you turn your passions and interests into a rewarding career. Start where you left off or find something new!
- Get help finding the career for you. The FOCUS2 is a career assessment to help you explore majors and career paths and help you determine which career directions might prove rewarding. Create your account and complete the assessment for guidance on choosing a major.
- Need academic forgiveness? If you have not been enrolled at a higher education institution for at least four years, you may be able to apply for academic forgiveness. This allows you to start over with your GPA but keep credit for all courses passed.
- Want to repeat courses to improve your grades? You may be able to repeat courses you received a grade of D or F in. The new grade will replace the previous D or F in your overall GPA calculation.
- Looking to earn your degree fast? You might already qualify for an associate degree from WVU Potomac State College. If you have completed at least 60 credits that include all the GEF categories and have at least a 2.0, you might qualify for an Associate in Arts in General Studies.
- Consider the Regents Bachelor of Arts (RBA). The RBA's F Forgiveness policy allows eligible students to have all F grades obtained four years or more prior to joining the RBA program to be factored out of their GPA calculations. This includes courses taken at WVU and/or transferred in.
Also see: Four-Year Programs | Two-Year Programs
Student Life Means More Than Just Academics at WVU Potomac State College.
- We'll keep you busy outside the classroom. There are many things to do, from adventure education from our collegiate athletic teams, pop-up events, intramurals, annual concerts and plays at Church-McKee Arts Center and more. There’s also support for you, like Student Family Resources and Student Legal Services.
- Find your community. The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) has heard the input from the WVU Potomac State College community and established more initiatives and programming in the areas of community partnerships and programming.
- We have something for every interest. With over 30 student organizations at WVU Potomac State College, there are organizations based on majors, interests, causes and services, but if you don’t see your interest or passion, you can create a new student organization of your own.
Also see: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Student Organizations
Get the Support You Need: Mental Health, Wellness, and You.
- Get the mental health help you need. Our Behavioral Health Therapist is located in Reynolds Hall Room 104 to help through individual and group counseling.
- Sometimes you just need someone to talk to. TalkSpace is a convenient, personal and professional online messaging and support service from a dedicated licensed mental health therapist — anytime, anywhere.
- Get the academic help you need. We offer free tutoring and tutoring by appointment. Because our tutors are current students who have excelled in the classes you are taking, they can help you succeed academically.
- We know a healthy lifestyle is a process. We are dedicated to educating and empowering students to help them realize their full potential. WellWVU provides programs and services designed to raise student awareness of healthy lifestyles and behaviors.