Skip to main content

Withdrawal from College

Withdrawal From All Classes for the Current Term

If you are considering an academic withdrawal from the current term, please discuss your situation with your academic advisor to consider all of your options .

When you withdraw from ALL your classes during a term:

However, there are other implications associated with withdrawing from courses including:

The last day to withdraw from all classes for the Spring and Fall Term is the next to the last day of classes for full-term courses. To see the dates for the current term, go to the Academic Calendar.

To withdraw from all classes, please use one of the following methods:


Please include the following:

·         Full Name

·         WVUID number

·         Permanent Address

·         Telephone number

·         Reason for withdrawal

·         Signature 

If you live in college housing, you should vacate housing and turn in keys via the proper procedure. Check with Housing Office at 304-788-7407 or for procedural details.

If you still have a Mountie Bounty balance 125 days after withdrawing from the College, you will be charged a $10 account processing fee. To avoid this, go to to check your balance. You can either spend it at participating locations or request a refund.

If you receive financial aid, please discuss the impact of the withdrawal prior to submitting, with the Financial Aid staff in the Office of Enrollment Services at 75 Arnold Street or by calling 304-788-6820 or emailing

Important Notice

Financial aid recipients who withdraw from ALL classes before 60% of the term is completed may be required to return a portion of any financial aid which was received for the term. Students who do not receive at least one passing grade for classes in a term must provide documentation which verifies continued participation in educational activities.

If documentation cannot be provided, those students are considered to have informally withdrawn from WVU prior to 60% of the term and may be required to return a portion of any financial aid which was received. This review and return of financial aid is done in accordance with federal regulations.

It is your responsibility to ensure all of your University bills are paid and all required forms are received and processed. Your withdrawal becomes official only after your withdrawal request is received and processed by the Office of Enrollment Services. A withdrawal from all classes constitutes withdrawal from the University for the current term only.

No longer attending a course(s) is not a withdrawal and will result in failing grades for the term.

Military Leave

Students who are called to active military service must submit a copy of their deployment orders to the Office of Enrollment Services.

Get Started Today

Still Need Help?

Ask one of our counselors

Talk with us