You may add or drop classes through the first week of classes through the WVU Portal system by following the instructions below.
- Log onto the WVU Portal at http://portal.wvu.edu/
- Click the STAR tab at the top of the screen
- Click the WVU STAR Information System link
- Click the Student Services, Housing and Financial Aid link
- Click on the Registration link
- Click on Add or Drop Classes
Before adding or dropping any classes, please check with your academic advisor. If you do not know who your advisor is, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs at (304)788-6861 or stop by their office on the first floor of the Administration Building.
Before dropping individual classes, consult your advisor to determine if:
- Your course load would be reduced below the minimal number of hours required to qualify for financial aid, intercollegiate athletic competition, or international full-time student status;
- The courses to be dropped are required to fulfill academic probationary conditions;
- The courses from which you want to withdraw might be core requisite with other courses you are taking, or pre-requisite to other courses required for the next term.