- Major Name: Business Management
- Degree Program: Applied Science
- Degree Designation: BAS
- College / School: Applied Sciences
What you can do with this degree: An applied bachelor's degree in Business opens doors to an array of leadership positions and other advanced roles in private, public and nonprofit organizations. A career in business touches on information technology, leadership dynamics and increasingly on ethics and international relationships. You'll have the option to work across industries as a business analyst, human resources generalist, operations manager or marketing specialist. Some business administration graduates also venture into entrepreneurship, creating their own successful businesses from the ground up. (www.allbusinessschools.com)
What you can earn with this degree: According to www.bls.gov, the annual mean wage for administrative services managers in our area is $36,130-$70,330. Nationwide, the annual mean wage for this group is $36,130-$128,860.
About the program: If you have completed an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, this program provides you with an opportunity to continue your education to the baccalaureate level, acquiring additional skills and furthering your professional advancement. If you completed your associate degree at another institution, you may be admitted under one of the transfer articulation agreements.
The required courses provide opportunities to:
- explore, discover and develop your special aptitudes and interests and to reach beyond your own perceived limitations;
- acquire the knowledge, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, teamwork, ethical and social skills needed to support your immediate educational goals, as well as lifelong learning in a world characterized by change;
- nurture social responsibility and receptive attitudes compatible with citizenship within a global society;
- acquire skills necessary to enter the workforce;
- experience leadership;
- apply acquired skills and knowledge in a capstone experience involving a simulated business;
- experience opportunities for defining relationships between this degree program and any post-baccalaureate goals you may have, such as applying for admission to the MBA program administered through the WVU Morgantown Campus