WVU Potomac State College offers college courses in high schools within our region. The ACCESS Program is a great way for students to get a head start on their college career.
To enroll in the High School ACCESS Early College Program, you must meet the following requirements:
High School Juniors and Seniors:
- Be a high school or home-schooled junior or senior during the semester when the desired course is offered.
- Hold a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Some courses require students to complete a mathematics or English placement test.
Additional Requirement for High School Juniors:
- Provide parental permission to take the course(s). Use the ACCESS Junior form to do so.
To Apply for ACCESS Courses:
Step 1: Apply for admission
- Potomac State College staff will visit your high school to share information about
our ACCESS Program and help you apply and register for courses.
- You may also complete the online application.
Step 2: Provide an official high school transcript
- Your high school counselor can provide that transcript to us.
- Tuition for fall 2019 and spring 2020 courses will be $25/credit hour or $75 for a three-credit course (pending approval by the WVU Board of Governors.)
After Completing the Application Process:
Prepare to be a Potomac State Student
- Activate Your Account. In order to activate your WVU student account, you will need to have your acceptance letter which includes your WVU Student Identification Number, MIX email address, and username. Then go to Login Self Service and click on where it states “Claim Account.” Follow the steps to creating your password.
- If you are in need of assistance, please be sure to contact us at go2PSC@mail.wvu.edu or call (304) 788-6820.
Students/parents/guardians can electronically make a payment through the STAR system by credit card or an electronic check by logging into the student’s WVU Portal account. The system is available nearly 24 hours a day and all payments are posted in real-time. Online payment is secure, fast, and easy!
To pay online, follow the steps below:
- Click on the link: https://portal.wvu.edu/
- Sign in using your WVU issued Username and Password associated with your account
- Click on the “STAR” tab
- Under the main menu, click on the “Student Services and Housing Link”
- Click on the “Student Accounts” link
- Click on the “Electronic Bill by Term/Make Payment” link
- Select the Term and scroll to the bottom and click “Pay Now”
- All payments must be made through the student's WVU Portal.
If you are experiencing trouble with making a payment, or are interested in finding out more about payment plan options, contact Student Accounts staff at PSC-OSA@mail.wvu.edu or 304-788-6831.
The PSC bookstore’s website carries all of the books required for the ACCESS program and has a number of different formats to choose from including: new, used, digital and rented textbooks. Depending on the format you choose you can save between 25% - 50% over the cost of a new book.Ordering Books from the PSC Website
The Potomac State College Bookstore carries a wide selection of new or used books, digital, and rental textbooks.
- The top of the page will say Potomac State College of West Virginia University
- Click on "Textbooks".
- From the drop-down boxes, you will enter
- Enter all courses if you are taking more than one.
- When you have finished adding courses, click on "Find Course Materials".
- This will bring up Your Course Materials, listing the class information you entered
and showing any books required for each class.
- Choose your preferred textbook format and add items to shopping cart.
- Continue the checkout process with payment and shipping information and SUBMIT
- You will receive e-mail confirmation that the order has been received, and further e-mails as the order is complete
All books are also available for purchase or rental at the Potomac State College Bookstore on our campus. The store accepts cash, personal check, credit or debit card, and Barnes&Noble gift cards as payment. Regular store hours are Monday-Friday 8:00-4:00
If you need assistance, please contact us through e-mail on the website, e-mail to MPMurphy@mail.wvu.edu, o r phone 304-788-6908.