- Major Name: Pre-Medical Laboratory Science
- Degree Program: Arts and Sciences
- Degree Designation: AA
- College / School: STEM
Healthcare is an exciting, rewarding and high demand field that includes a variety of career paths. At Potomac State College (PSC), you can begin, and in some cases finish, the prerequisite courses required for admission into several health professional schools. In addition to fulfilling the prerequisites, you can also obtain an associate degree in various majors related to health care professions. Graduates in these fields are in high demand and are highly employable.
Why Potomac State College?
- Challenging and competitive coursework
- Small lecture and lab sizes
- Get to know your faculty members
- Advisers who know you and your educational goals
- Hands-on laboratories
- Credits are transferable to WVU Morgantown Campus
- Credits are transferable to non-WVU programs (additional or variable prerequisites may be required for acceptance)
Medical Laboratory Science: PSC offers the first two years of courses required for admission into WVU’s Medical Laboratory Science program. These first two years include all the general education, science and math courses required for admission. Students accepted into that program complete an additional two years of courses in Medical Laboratory Science and receive a bachelor’s degree.
This program fulfills the necessary first two years of undergraduate study required for admittance to the Bachelor of Science degree program in medical laboratory science offered by the WVU School of Medicine.